Sunday 5 August 2012

Fire and water


This weekend I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather - I'm having a barbecue today :) It usually involves lots of working out how to keep the dogs away from the food. They would happily eat everything in sight leaving us, poor people, starved. So of course someone has to be around all the time to keep an eye on these evil creatures :P Sometimes it's not enough, though, because what can you do when he smiles at you like this? You can't not give him a nice piece of meat ;)



I'd like to introduce my dogs to you more properly next time. Now let's just get back to the point :) It's midsummer, hot and sunny so I thought I could use some beach/summer elements on the table, and what's more beachy than shells? I tried out my ideas yesterday. Maybe it isn't very impressive but....


with some water.....


and fire....


it is beautiful. :) Especially with some other elements.




















I could watch these little flickering candles and the reflections in the water for hours. It's kind of hypnotising ;)




And how cute is this little shell I found in a nearby wild pond? It's so light it keeps floating just under the surface.


Take care,
Kate.

I'm linking this post to:


     




No comments:

Post a Comment